Attention seeking from your dog or puppy can be very hard to put up with.
Follow these basic steps to teach your canine friend that attention seeking won't get him very far!
- Ignore as much attention seeking as possible
- Praise your dog (LOTS) when they are being quiet
- Don't give into your dogs' attention seeking behaviour
- Realise that you can beat the problem as long as you reward your dog when they are being calm, relaxed, independent and confident
- Don't get frustrated with your dog
- Don't correct your dog in his behaviour as bad attention is better than no attention to your dog