These services are currently not available as Trainer Nic is away on maternity leave, returning in July 2012. Email her at email@example.com for further information
DO YOU HAVE A VID (Very Important Dog)? Well check out what The Dog Blog have to help you understand and build your relationship with your VID......
- At a time that suits you and your family
- Our Senior Behaviourists can fix all of your common issues
- 2 hour session in home, 2-4 sessions needed.
- 1st session $210, 2nd session $210, 3rd and further sessions $190 Inc GST.
- Covering all areas of the Brisbane/Ipwsich and Gold Coast/Sunshine Coast areas
In-home Behaviour sessions
Session 1 $210.00
Session 2 $210.00
Session 3 $190.00
These in-home sessions are required if you are experiencing any of the following problems with your dog(s).
- Barking and have received neighbour/council complaints
- Separation anxiety, particularly when living in apartments
- Providing enrichment for your dog
- New borns arriving in-home, dog jealousy occurring
- Sibling rivarly between 2 dogs or more (each dog past 1 is an extra $20, not double the price)
- Aggression issues with food, toys, personal items, lead, fence, dog parks.
- Aggreesion issues with dog to people (mild to medium ONLY)
- Jumping up on you and your family or when visitors are arriving into your home
- Lack of manners in the home in general
- Dominant behaviours in the home
- Chewing and destruction in the home
- Doggy and Puppy toileting problems in the home
- Dog not sleeping
- Crate training problems
- Mat training problems
- Pulling on the lead/leash
- Attention seeking
- Escaping no matter what you have tried
- Not listening to you AT ALL
- Not coming to you when called
- Anything else that is causing lack of harmony in your household with your dog!
*Please note, for severe aggression problems with dog to human, these will be referred to a further qualified training company who deals ONLY in a higher level of this type of aggression, as this work is extremely dangerous.
- 4 weeks, 1 hour each week - $160.00 per puppy inc GST.
- Various locations around Brisbane, Paddington, Red Hill and New Farm
1 pup $160.00
2 pups $320.00
Next puppy schools begin -
**watch this space for upcoming classes when Trainer Nic returns from maternity leave**
These classes are run by trained Dog Behaviourists, so they pass on to you EVERYTHING you need to know about owning, caring, feeding, grooming, correcting, praising, training your puppy dog. Puppies are accepted from 8 - 20 weeks of age and the puppies are socialised in a very controlled and safe way. Your puppy only needs to have HAD ITS FIRST VACCINATION ONLY to attend these premium puppy schools. All of the classes are held inside CLEAN AND MANAGED rooms whereby the pups are not at risk of getting sick. Many puppy schools don't care for this or they are held outside in whereby your puppy is in danger of getting sick. All of the content in The Dog Blog Premium Puppy schools are approved by Vets and Behaviourists so that the content and information given is of the highest level and value to you and your puppy.
The format of the classes is very flexible, so if you as a new Mum or Dad have other questions about other issues or behaviour problems that you are experiencing with your puppy, The Dog Blog behaviourists will go out of their way to ensure that they are answered and you do get results.
There are giveaways and a fun graduation as well where NO PUPPY FAILS, we've heard this many times before...how can your puppy fail!?! Never, at our puppy classes your puppy is the most important thing to you and to us. We make sure your entire experience is enjoyable, fun, knowledgeable but most of all beneficial for your new pup and its needs right through this crucial stage in its life.
- 1.5 hours in your home - $210 inc GST, extra $20 for second pup.
- Covering all areas of Brisbane/Ipswich and Gold Coast/Sunshine Coast regions
1 pup $210.00
2 pups $230.00
These sessions are necessary when you are experiencing ANY of the following with your new PUPPY into the home -
- Not sleeping
- Attention seeking
- Toilet training problems
- Nipping at children/adults
- Stealing items
- Not walking on lead
- Not listening to you
- Crate training
- Mat training
- How to feed correctly
- How to play correctly
- How to correct your pup
- How to praise your pup
- How to choose correct equipment for your pup
- Not playing nicely with other dogs
These sessions are very popular and really get you off on the right paw so to speak. We are on tap to you with any questions, problems you are experiencing and after following what we teach you, you will have harmony back in your household in no time.
- 4 weeks, 1 hour each week, various nights too! - $150 per dog, discounts for two dogs enrolled together.
- Various locations around Brisbane including Ashgrove, Windsor, Bulimba, Hawthorne and New Farm.
1 dog $150.00
2 dogs $270.00
Our next round of classes will begin when the weather is warmer and there is more sunshine! Watch this space for upcoming dates -
Windsor, Bulimba, Ashgrove, Red Hill and Morningside - on hold whilst Trainer Nic on maternity leave
These classes are groups of no more than 6 dogs at a time to ensure that you as the client get maximum attention and care given to you and your canine friend! There are many problems that you experience with your dog and in these classes we strive to ensure that the essentials are met to help you control your dog in common everyday situations. The classes are run by trained and accredited Trainers and Behaviourists whereby they don't just take your money and teach you a boring, structured class that doesn't give you what you actually really need with your dog in the real world!
These classes teach you in a fun, easy to understand and personal way. If you have extra questions or problems with your dog, we can cover them! We come early and we stay back late so if you want to practice and ask for time with your trainer, you can do so, without any extra charge or feeling like you aren't welcome.
Every dog will pass! Again, we hear this over and over, every dog has the ability to learn and become your wonderdog. All of your walking needs, equipment, footwork, hand signals, commands, treats, socialisation, jumping up, having your dog come back to you, plus much much more, are all covered in these premium classes.
All dogs from 5 months to 2.5 years of age are welcome.
- 6 weeks, 1 hour each week at a time that suits you! OR 1 hour a fortnight over 12 weeks if that is preferable depending on your family commitments.
- The cost for this service is $450.00 inc GST.
Want to have your dog a VID? (Very important Dog), these private classes are all about YOU AND YOUR DOG....YOUR TIME, YOUR LOCATION, its all your choice. Once you are booked in, you keep that time slot no matter what bookings we get. We make sure are completely satisfied and succeed in your doggie lessons and problems that you are experiencing. Dogs of any age are welcome and even a 16 year old dog can learn new things. These classes are also very flexible so if you wish to include some behaviour work as well, there will be no extra charge and your Dog Blog trainer will incorporate all the information you need into your 6 week program. Some of our clients will do 2 weeks behaviour, then 4 weeks obedience, 6 weeks of just obedience, 3 weeks of behaviour and 3 weeks of obedience...the choice is up to you!
These private classes are only taken by our Senior trainer.
Your whole program is personally suited to you and your dog, your environment! This is our most popular choice.
- 3 weeks - 1 hour each week
- Various locations around Brisbane, Windsor, Paddington, Hawthorne and New Farm.
- Fun and popular!
Who wants their dog to be the smartest and show them off to all your friends?! These tricks classes are perfect for mental stimulation and over the 3 weeks you will learn to teach your dog 15 tricks. As seen on Channel 10's "Totally Wild" program, we can teach you to teach your dog to shake paw, high 5, high 10, roll over, beg, much, much more. The classes are run by our trained Dog Trainers and the dogs get to run around, socialise and play as well as learning new tricks!
- 3 weeks - 1 hour each week
- Various locations around Brisbane
These classes are for our advanced doggies who have graduated the basic tricks classes so we can move onto the advanced stuff! Jumping through hoops, weaving through legs, putting toys away in a basket and the best one yet... teaching your dog to get a beer out of the fridge for you!
Everything is taught by our senior instructors and again the dogs are socialised, get free time and overall you as the owner build a lovely relationship with your dog
- 4 weeks - 1 hour each week - Week 1 $50, week 2-4 $30 paid weekly via Direct Debit
- Various locations around Brisbane, Sandgate, Hawthorne, Windsor, Paddington, Red Hill and New Farm.
These classes are packed full of fun for kids and young families out there and they are designed purely to teach your kids how to interact around dogs, their dogs, strangers dogs, stray dogs, neighbours dogs, dogs on lead, dogs in a dog park, dogs in cars, any situation whereby a dog and child can possibly interact and therefore there is a risk of something going wrong. The lessons are fun filled, easy to follow, exciting and most of all teach your kids exactly what they need to know to ensure their safety around dogs and puppies.
Parents and kids are encouraged to attend so the whole family can be involved and that way too we ensure consistency in the household when you need to practise!
The classes are small in size and personal service is ensured. These classes are only taken by our Senior Dog Behaviourist so any question or scenario can be addressed and explained.
The Dog Blog mascots, Pepper and Lochie will usually attend these classes as well so they can show children how big dogs and smaller dogs can interact with them safely and comfortably.
Are you interested in attending any of our classes or speaking further about your dogs behaviour issues you are experiencing?
Email at firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 0414244406